- The breast thermography procedure takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
- The scan involves no radiation, is non-invasive, and is 100% safe.
- Your completed history forms will be covered during your appointment.
- You will be asked to disrobe from the waist up and sit comfortably while you allow for the surface temperature of the body to acclimate with the room temperature. This process takes approximately 15 minutes.
- All of this is done in a professional, private and confidential setting with Shelley, board certified thermography technologist.
- Interpretation and report generation is performed after you leave the office.
- Prior to your visit to Early Screen Thermography following these instructions will prepare you for your visit so that accurate images can be obtained.
- These instructions include a few simple limitations, as well as restrictions on physical activity the day of your appointment.
- Please read the instructions early to assure accurate imaging.
- Please arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your appointment time to complete any paperwork that requires signature in the office.
- You will then meet with Shelley, our female board certified thermography technician, who will go over the procedure with you.
- The imaging room has a controlled temperature. You will disrobe from the waist up and relax for 15 minutes, in order for your body to reach a steady temperature state.
- During this time it is important that you do not touch your body from the waist up, especially the breast or chest area.
- You will keep your upper arms away from your chest to avoid heat conduction.
- For those of you with hair below the shoulders, you will be asked to tie the hair back.
- The skin must be at a stable temperature prior to imaging. If not, the images may be affected by the transfer of heat from other objects and parts of your body, as the camera is ultra-sensitive.
Screening: After acclimating, you will be positioned in front of the imaging camera so that all of the surfaces of the breasts, upper chest, and under arms are imaged accurately.
Interpretation: Your images are then sent in a secured format to Dr. William Amalu, a Board-Certified Clinical Thermologist, who brings more than 28 years of experience reading and interpreting thermal images. Once your images are read and interpreted, a full report will be sent to you within approximately 2 weeks of the screening.
Included in the report will be recommendations for further testing and your follow up thermogram scan date.
Just like any other breast test, routine follow-ups are important to monitor the health of your breasts, over time. Remember, your follow-up screenings are the ones that allow the doctor to compare and identify any changes in your breast health between scans. Your report will outline those changes.
Thank you for choosing Early Screen Thermography at Integrative Wellness Center as your breast health center.
Early Detection for Your Family
Infrared imaging aids in the early detection and prevention of disease. Your doctor may use this procedure as part of your yearly physical exam or to investigate a problem you may be experiencing.
You do not need a referral to our office. Infrared imaging may be exactly what the doctor needs when it comes to monitoring your health over time or determining the cause of a current problem.
The following list is just some of the conditions that infrared full body scanning can detect. In many cases, infrared imaging can detect an early warning years before symptoms occur.
|Altered Gait Manifestations
Brachial Plexus Injury
Carotid Artery Insufficiency
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Deep Vascular Disease
Disc Syndromes (Spinal Discogenic Pain)
Headache Evaluation (Cervicogenic, Migraine, Cluster, Sinus) Herniated Disc/Ruptured Disc
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Lower Motor Neuron Disease
Lumbosacral Plexus Injury
Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Neoplasia (Breast, Skin, Testicular)
Nerve Root Irritation
Nerve Stretch Injury
Neurovascular Compression Paresthesia
Peripheral Nerve Abnormalities Pinched Nerves
Referred Pain Syndromes
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) Repetitive Strain Injuries Respiratory Conditions
Sacroiliac Ligament Tear
Sensory Nerve Abnormalities
Soft Tissue Injury
Spinal Cord Pain/Injury
Superficial Vascular Disease Synovitis
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Digital Infrared Breast Imaging, or thermography, is a safe, radiation-free, extremely accurate breast screening tool that can warn women of signs of breast disease years in advance of self exams or mammography.
|Full Body – Female – 3 scans (including breasts)||$ 495.00|
|Full Body – Male||$ 350.00|
|Breast with Thyroid||$ 249.00|
|Upper Body||$ 220.00|
|Lower Body||$ 220.00|
|STAT Service – 24-hour turnaround||$ 75.00|