Early Screen Thermography at Integrative Wellness Center is dedicated to supporting all women in preventing breast cancer. We utilize the latest Digital Infrared Thermal Breast Imaging equipment, along with breast health education, and individualized breast health plans.
- The breast thermography procedure takes 30-40 minutes to complete.
- The scan does not require contact with your body and does not involve radiation or invasive techniques. It is 100% safe.
- Your completed history forms will be covered during your appointment with Early Screen Thermography.
- You will then be asked to disrobe from the waist up and sit comfortably while you allow for the surface temperature of the body to acclimate with the room temperature. This process takes approximately 15 minutes.
- All of this is done in a professional, private and confidential setting, with a female technician to take your images.
- Interpretation and report generation is performed after you leave the office.
- Prior to your visit to Early Screen Thermography you must follow these instructions that prepare you for your visit so that accurate heat readings from your breasts can be obtained by the camera.
- These instructions include certain limitations as well as restrictions on physical activity prior to your appointment.
- Some of these instructions require action 5 days prior to your appointment (such as tanning sprays) so please read them early.
- Following these instructions assures you of an accurate and high quality infrared image.
- Your visit with us is a thorough process. Please arrive approximately 10 minutes prior to your appointment time. You will be asked to fill out the following forms:
– History, including areas of concern regarding your breasts
– HIPPA-mandated items (concerning patient privacy)
– Patient consent form
– Patient disclosure form
You will then meet with our female thermography technician who will go over the procedure with you.
- The exam room has a controlled temperature where you will disrobe from the waist up and you will sit and relax for 15 minutes, in order for your body to reach a steady temperature state.
- During this time it is important that you do not touch your body from the waist up, especially the breast or chest area.
- You will keep your upper arms away from your chest to avoid heat conduction.
- For those of you with long hair that hangs below shoulders you will be asked to tie the hair back.
- The skin must be at a stable temperature prior to imaging. If not, the images may be affected by the transfer of heat from other objects and parts of your body, as the camera is ultra-sensitive.
Screening: After acclimating, you will be positioned in front of the imaging camera so that all of the surfaces of the breasts, upper chest, and under arms are imaged by a female thermography technician. This takes less than 5 minutes.
Interpretation: Your images will then be sent electronically in a secured format to Dr. William Amalu, a Board-Certified Clinical Thermologist, who brings more than 26 years of experience reading and interpreting thermal images. Your images will be read and interpreted and a full report will be sent to you within approximately 2-3 weeks of the screening. Included in the report will be recommendations for further testing and your follow up thermogram scanning date. Just like any other breast test, routine follow-ups are important to monitor the health of your breasts, over time. Remember, your follow-up screenings are the ones that allow the doctor to identify any changes in breast tissue between scans and your report will reflect any changes and your current breast health. Please contact our office should you have any further questions.
Thank you for choosing Early Screen Thermography at Integrative Wellness Center
Early Detection for Your Family
Infrared imaging aids in the early detection and prevention of disease. Your doctor may use this procedure as part of your yearly physical exam or to investigate a problem you may be experiencing. If your doctor is not currently using infrared imaging, you are free to call for an appointment without a referral. Infrared imaging may be exactly what the doctor ordered when it comes to watching your health over time or determining the cause of a current problem.
The following list is just some of the conditions that infrared full body scanning can detect. In many cases, infrared imaging can detect an early warning years before symptoms occur.
|Altered Gait Manifestations
Brachial Plexus Injury
Carotid Artery Insufficiency
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
Deep Vascular Disease
Disc Syndromes (Spinal Discogenic Pain)
Headache Evaluation (Cervicogenic, Migraine, Cluster, Sinus) Herniated Disc/Ruptured Disc
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Lower Motor Neuron Disease
Lumbosacral Plexus Injury
Myofascial Pain Syndrome
Neoplasia (Breast, Skin, Testicular)
Nerve Root Irritation
Nerve Stretch Injury
Neurovascular Compression Paresthesia
Peripheral Nerve Abnormalities Pinched Nerves
Referred Pain Syndromes
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD) Repetitive Strain Injuries Respiratory Conditions
Sacroiliac Ligament Tear
Sensory Nerve Abnormalities
Soft Tissue Injury
Spinal Cord Pain/Injury
Superficial Vascular Disease Synovitis
Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
Digital Infrared Breast Imaging, or thermography, is a safe, radiation-free, extremely accurate breast screening tool that can warn women of signs of breast disease years in advance of self exams or mammography.
|Full Body – Female – 3 scans (including breasts)||$ 495.00|
|Full Body – Male||$ 350.00|
|Breast with Thyroid||$ 249.00|
|Upper Body||$ 220.00|
|Lower Body||$ 220.00|
|STAT Service – 24-hour turnaround||$ 75.00|